Sunday, December 14, 2008

Taking Action

During one of my random web searches, I found a link to the Take Part website. It instantly caught my attention as I am a frustrated human rights advocate. Curiously enough, the first link on the site that I happened to click on was encouraging people to go out and watch a film called "The Visitor." The film deals with the issue of immigrants in the U.S. and how so often they are robbed of their rights in the name of so-called "public safety." This strikes a personal note for me because as a foreigner myself, I have had to deal with so much stress and humiliation for just wanting to stay in a country that I love and has been my home for the past 8+ years.

Anyway, here is the link to the site and there you can watch the trailer for the film. Additionally, the site directs you to several links where you can find out more information on the issue as well as a link to a forum where you can discuss with others your thoughts/comments about the issue at hand.

Check it out here: http://www.takepart.com/thevisitor/

No comments: