Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Roper Boots

As anyone into fashion might tell you, the 90s are back. It all started with the plaid rage then designers like Alexander Wang and Balmain brought it back to a whole different level. Fashion bloggers have taken note and have begun embracing grunge like nobody's business and have begun shredding t-shirts and dusting off their Doc Martins. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a huge fan of Alexander Wang and have welcomed back grunge with open arms. The thing is, it's a tricky style to pull off gracefully for most. If you are a petite girl, wearing Doc Martins with tights and a skirt will look cute and fashion forward. If you are really tall and not model thin then you will tend to look...well, butch. I also love grunge in a way, but hate looking sloppy. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that even though I like the combat boot/grunge look, Doc Martins are not for me. But I wasn't about to give up so easily. After doing some research I have found the Justin Roper Boots. I am obsessed about getting a pair but have yet found just the right ones for me to pounce on. These boots are the perfect substitute for Docs. They are still a lace-up boot, but with a narrower toe which make them look slightly daintier; especially in a size 10 shoe.





I cannot wait to get my hands on a pair of these, but I'll have to wait for a bit. There are several other colors available on ebay, but I'm partial to the brown ones.

1 comment:

Christopher Cummings said...

you look great in any shoes, keep up the good work my little fasionista