Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New York, I Love You

So I've been back for only a week and it's been overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I mean it in a good way. It's just pretty amazing how fast paced everything is here...yes, yes, it's a cliche, but after living here for 9 years I hadn't noticed till I was gone for 6 months. My block has transformed completely and so many places have closed up and so many new ones have opened. It's like everything here is sped up 10 fold.

Anyway, it's nice to know that your friends are there for you no matter what. I think part of my anxiety of being away is that I would eventually lose touch with my NY friends and I'm glad to report this is not the case.

I'm almost all settled in, so I will try to post on a regular basis.

Thanks for all your comments!

1 comment:

henkaku said...

I'm a million years late to this party (just now catching up on my RSS)--but isn't that JUST like NY?? Leave for 6 months, and it might as well have been 6 years?

Gives me hope that the city and my NY friends will still be there when I make my journey back!